[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Rad Schuhart's Sherman.
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » US Tanks » M4 Sherman and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Rad Schuhart's Sherman.
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:49 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi! I just wanna give some life to the forum and show my tanks. Im not a good modeller and even a worst painter, but this is how my sherman looks.

Post subject: Re: Rad Schuhart's Sherman.
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:35 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad,
I'd be happy with that it looks good, like all the accessories 8-) 8-)
Does the tanker with the microphone come with the tank or an after market job.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hiya Rad
Nice looking tank, fingers crossed that's my next purchase a Sherman ...... Would love to do a firefly conversation :D

Andy

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:43 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi! Some accesories are from my son's Playmobils, the clothing is for cleaning my glasses (lol) and the soldier with the microphone came with the tank, is the Tamiya commander. The other one is Heng Long, and last I just received reinforcements, the one with the browning is a 1:18 "21 Century toys" about 6 bucks on ebay.

I also wanted to do a firefly conversion, but the barrel is out of stock everywhere, and I didnt have the balls to try to modify the turret. I even bought a tamiya super sherman barrel for doing my own version, but finally I have it for sale if someone is interested.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:52 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Rad
If it's just a firefly barrel your after I believe tank-modellbau.de have them. Hope I'm not breaking forum rules posting this ;)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:00 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No not at all
tank-modellbau.de stuff is great
It is a great pity that Profiline models was not able to keep going as they had great conversion kits for the Sherman. Asiatam took over and well they haven't done anything :(
Other great places for stuff
http://www.panzerparts.com
http://www.store-juckenburg.de
http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de (some serious conversion stuff here)
http://www.jagdpanzer.net
http://www.modellbaugasse.de

These stores make their own stuff and are innovators and deserve as much support as possible.

Then we have stores that stock RCTA products so give them your support also
http://www.tanktoko-apeldoorn.nl
http://www.rctank.de
http://www.rctanksofokc.com

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Very good links, thanks!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:11 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

An awesome looking M4 Rad!!! I picked a first generation Tamiya M4 on E-bay that was used and abused and in serious need of repair. It has the original clutch system. The original upper hull was missing and the seller bought a new one so the tank would be somewhat complete less any RC equipment.

Almost everyone has the 105mm M4. I decided to do something different. I bought the complete M51 turret and I heavily modified my M4. I'm building it as an "What If" the Allies had the French 105mm long gun mounted in the Sherman during WW-II. I know its not anything close to anything they had in WW-II, but it's OK with me.

I had two damaged 1/24th Tiger 1 tanks that were both airsoft. I stripped them for parts. I modified the gun mount and installed the airsoft gun. I'm using a mini servo for elevation and I had to modify the BB magazine for the gun.

I used the traverse gear and motor from the Tiger 1 and I hand filed the missing teeth in the gear making it into a 360 degree rotating turret and I'm using a slip-ring for the wiring.

I removed all the Philips round head screws from the outside of the lower hull to make it look more realistic. I found 2mm hex bolts on E-bay that fit the suspension retainer blocks and they look just like the real tank.

Here's a photo showing flat head screws I used in place of the round head screws. I filled in the heads with automotive body filler. After painting you would never know they were there. I also added 3DP differential covers that Tamily never made for this tank.IMG_6665 13 x 8.633 LR.jpg

Here's an image showing the 2mm hex head bolts from E-bay.IMG_7329 13 x 8.6 LR.jpg
As you can see in this image, the 1st generation M4 suspension doesn't have screws on the upper suspension part that looks like a shock absorber like the new version as you have.

I still have a lot of wiring to get finished, but I finally have everything I need to get her finished. Here's a couple photos showing the almost completed tank. IMG_7592 13 x 8.6 LR.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:20 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Again Rad,
I wouldn't hesitate to try and modify the turret or any plastic Tamiya parts. They're very easy to work with. Creating a Firefly turret wouldn't be very difficult to do. You could buy an extra turret to modify so you still have your original turret.

I guess the images I posted are on the large side. Here's a couple more to share with you. I hope you like them. IMG_7594 13 x 8.6 LR.jpg

I'm new to this forum. I'm from the US and I usually post in RC Groups Tank pages. If you like you can see my M4 Build using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2412393

The beginning of my M36B1 build is also on RC Groups.
Cheers!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Rebel 1, my godness, I have just seen your thread and its amazing. What a impresive jod you did with your shermie.

I took some photos yesterday with the firsts snows by the way...

Board index » US Tanks » M4 Sherman and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds