[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Leopard 1A5
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: Leopard 1A5
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I have just fitted an FN-MAG GPMG to the loaders hatch on my Leopard 1A5.

I used the excellent MG mount from AFV, and there FN-MG long for this. All great bits of kit cast in nickel silver so hard as nails.

I will be adding an ammo belt and scratch building an ammo can for this too.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:07 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I added the Ammo box and belt today. I scratch built the box and bracket from 0.5mm plasticard. Ammo belt is my usual favourite from AFV modeller magazines shop.

http://shop.afvmodeller.com/customer/home.php?cat=387

This is pretty much it for now on this build. I need to sort out the stowage thats all thats left really.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Very impressive scalawag, that's one of the hardest detail jobs to do and it's come up a treat 8-) 8-)
About the only thing you haven't done is chain on the smoke canisters, I know shouldn't have said that cause you will be looking at them every time now sorry :D :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Glad you like the MG and mount, but you had to go and mention chains on the smoke canister caps didn't you!!!

You are right it will play on me every time I look at the tank now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for pushing me forward in the detailing on this one mate. This is what an RC tank forum should be for. ;) 8-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Tow cables and brackets now fitted. Just need to paint and weather them now. Thought I would post a pic at this stage as the brackets will stand out less once they are painted.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The tow cables are now painted and weathered.

I had to add a bracket on the exhaust grill on each side which I had forgotten But I am pleased with how these look now.

There is some work to do on stowage and then this will be finished...... until I spot something else to do on it that is

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Stowage has now been added to this one.

The stowage is a mixture of resin, plastic and white metal parts from H/L, Verlinden, Tank Army and Jagdpanzer. I keep a box full of potential different pieces of stowage. Anything I think might work as stowage gets put in the box, along with anything left over from previous builds.

Firstly I dry fitted all the different bits of stowage I thought might work, until I hit a combination I was happy with. These pieces were then given base coats of differing shades of green using Tamiya acrylics. The jerry can was painted with Tamiya rubber black to represent the black plastic water Jerrycans which are in general use.

The details were then painted in, again using various shades of Tamiya Acrylics.

The baggage then had a filter coat of Mig Tan for 3 tone camo filter wash. The canvas roll was given a filter was of Mig Dark Wash thinned down with white spirit. no washes were applied to the Jerry can.

I used the Tamiya weather master sets to apply the final weathering touches. Various different colours were dusted on with soft brushes to bring out hi lights, and add character to the different pieces.

The individual pieces were then glued in place using PVA white adhesive. This dries almost clear and is enough to hold the stowage, but parts can still be separated easily later if needs be. On this tank the rear rack is removable, so the stowage in that rack is secured only to that rack so that it can still be removed if desired.
Lastly Camo nets from AFV and Licmas were wedged in place in the racks.

Here is the finished stowage.

Paul

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds