[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ZTZ99a in Digital Camo
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Other RC Vehicles » Land

Post subject: ZTZ99a in Digital Camo
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:18 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All,

I couldn't find a more appropriate place to post this so I hope it is ok here.

This is my H/L ZTZ99a in digital camo. It was already painted when I got it by a chap from other forums who goes by the name of Tankmad. Since buying it I have however done a lot of internal work, and added things like the figure.

Upgrades and mods include

IBU 2 Pro Control board with custom ZTZ99 sound set
audio amp
uprated speaker
viper volume control
Tarr 1 smoke unit
servo turret rotation
servo gun elevation
3-1 Taigen steel gearboxes
JP power 400 motors
Metal wheels, swing arms, idlers and sprockets
metal tracks
360* turret rotation
Resin commander figure
resin fuel drums on rear
Engine grill mesh added

I love this tank. It was the first modern armour I bought in 1/16, but it got me right into building MBTs. :lol: :lol:

It is a very solid tank and excellent runner. Very nice to work on. Definitely comes with my recommendation as one of the better H/L tanks.

All comments welcome as usual.

Post subject: Re: ZTZ99a in Digital Camo
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Again great looking ZTZ scalawag, amazing how you do the digy camo I wouldn't even try it lol.
Yes the MBT's are gaining popularity quickly now even I'm interested in them finally, HL has certainly lifted there game with the new tanks and the whole tanking scene in general.

Show us more :D :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:14 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Cheers Gra,

This was the first MBT I bought and so it is the one which sparked my interest. I can't take credit for the digital camo on the tank, That was done by someone else, although I did do the digital camo on the commanders uniform.

Here is what I have currently

This ZTZ99a

M1A2 Abrams (posted here already)

Leopard 1A5 (also now posted here)

H/L Leopard 2A6 (awaiting parts to begin the build)

Challenger 2 on order

Will post more stuff as it arrives and I begin to work on it.

cheers

Paul

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:28 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Chaps,

The latest of my Tanks to receive a Clark servo recoil unit is my ZTZ99a. This install took a little more fettling to get right but is working how I want it to now. I had to make a very precise cut in the Plastic outer barrel, and ended up taking 5mm off one end of the BB barrel. I had to do a lot of research to try and see where the recoil sleve on this tank began, after which I still had to really make my best guess. I have seen some models where the barrel recoils into the beginning of the section which widens out at the mantlet end, however looking at pics the wider section looks like it is part of the barrel (breech strengthening I would assume), and the recoil sleeve actually begins at the Mantlet, where the canvas cover is. There seems to be a bolt on ring at that point which has space between it and the barrel.

So my barrel moves at that point.
As a result of fitting the recoil unit I also had to re fit the servo elevation.

Here is a short video of the elevation and recoil in action.

https://youtu.be/K8vP5tc7cxo

Paul

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:32 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good recoil action scalawag , and I like the track movement too

Yea the mantlet looks a bit complex with the rubber cover and canvas but hard to see though.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Board index » Other RC Vehicles » Land