[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP2 - Recoil Options
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: ASP2 - Recoil Options
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Pete

I am beginning to think that there are 2 types of Taigen/Torro/Imex airsoft recoil controllers out there. I have had some user report problems when using a ATRC2016 which operates on the same basis as Asp but others have no problems and certainly the conversion I did for a customer had zero issues. Below is an Imex tank with the Asp2 conversion your tank should run and sound exactly the same.

There isn't a huge issue with the start sound and when the tank starts to move and I haven't even tweaked the defaults. Accelerates when it should and in this case the recoil is factory triggered by a low signal on the recoil port. You can see it is factory as the up and back are the same speed (100%)

You can simply test your view that the time should be longer by manually connecting to ground. But up above is a very clear indication that what is there operates the factory recoil. Now you can use logic to see what is going on. There are 3 wires one has to be V+ one has to be V0 and one has to be the trigger. Problem is the wires are not colour coded as there are 2 x black wires . Now connect V+ and one of the black wires there will be 2 outcomes A and B

A. IF nothing happens then connect the second black wire to ground and see if there is action and if nothing then connect to V+. If there is action with ground then trigger is with a - pulse if action with V+ trigger is a positive pulse.

B. If servo starts operating connect the other black wire to V+ does the action stop? If not connect to V0 does the action stop now?

By knowing what is controlling the action the ONLY way you can get the issue sorted using the factory unit.

However, your order would of contained 2 x Sirvoe units setup to trigger recoil. If there are in fact 2 types of recoil controller then you can always replace the factory controller with the better sirvoe unit.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Kevin, so I've watched your video few times carefully, then went and did some tests with mine and here are the results:

1) As far as gradual acceleration in sound, it's the same. I think the problem is my sticks are little too sensitive right now, so slight movements send the tank to faster speeds too quickly. But when I imitated the same acceleration you did, the sounds did change gradually. So I think I need to set up some curve for my ch2 to allow more gradual stick movements. Would you have any curve for acceleration I could use as a starting point. It doesn't matter if not for taranis, I can tweak it. Just need some visual starting point for the curve. And maybe one for steering if you have that, too, to make it less sensitive? The expo values I was using earlier weren't really that great (unless maybe I'll experiment with different expo values).

2) As for the delayed sound when starting. I see in your video you mostly start moving slowly, and there's still some slight delay in sound. Being anal right now, not much of a delay to notice. And when I start slow, I think it's kind of similar, but my sound comes slightly later. It's definitely vivid when I start mid-pace, the sound doesn't change until the tank is already rolling, roughly about a second. If I ever figure out how to compress and post a video on the net (please, don't laugh), I'll show you what I mean. But I can live with that for now.

3) For the recoil controller, I did more tests and I noticed with red in V+ and black connected to ground the gun only extends and hums, trying to extend more, I guess. It never cycles. And reversing polarity doesn't do anything. So never mind, I'll replace that stupid controller, no point wasting time trying to figure it out.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:18 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Pete

2. Anal ain't always that bad :censored: As I may of mentioned those vids are done with no fine tuning of the radio settings. Even with tuning you would only be doing so for that specific voltage - as voltage drops then ..... I know feedback would be way better BUT believe it or not Asp was originally designed as my lower end board.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:36 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

He he :D , got it

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Pete

Back to the slight delay between the motion sound and the actual motion of the tank. In the program the info for the motors is sent BEFORE the info to the sound card. I think that I can improve things by having the info sent to the sound card first and then to the motors.

Again this will all be in the first update for Asp2.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:09 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wow! That would be awesome! Even if sound now comes slightly quicker than motion, that's more realistic, even for cars - you engage the engine but power to the wheels always comes after it travels through powertrain.
Thank you Kevin!

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well I have only changed the code an hour ago - I have not tested it - Won't get time till the weekend

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Going back to gun recoil options,
I connected it via the sirvoe and the gun recoil motion is excellent. Works exactly as I'd want it.
Then I wanted to see the difference with the recoil motion when connected to the Juno board. The pins there are not marked, so I connected a plug with wires and using digital meter I figured out which side pin is the ground. Then I connected the servo there, started asp and the gun immediately pull in and kept making sound as if wanting to move more, so I quickly shut asp off. Any idea what might've gone wrong?
I then reconnected it using the sirvoe again and made sure nothing got damaged, so it's all good, but the servo connected directly into the Juno underside port should've worked. Did I forget to set some switch or jumper for it?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Nothing has gone wrong. The action on the MAKO under the juno is reversed . The action has to be some direction - clockwise or anti-clockwise. With Sirvoe you can reverse this with the jumper. You can not reverse the action on the Juno your only option is to use a signal reverser or physically reverse your servo setup.

BUT again if you had a sirvoe that is what you would use as you can still modify the action. The action on Juno is set.

see this video

cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the info and the video Kevin!
I had no idea about the signal reverser. But now I can see the recoil motion from the juno port and I'm definitely sticking to sirvoe recoil. The recoil motion there is perfect. The one from Juno is a little slow.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board