[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - A bit of track recoil?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: A bit of track recoil?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:58 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Peregrine. Yep, the diagram you posted will be what I will do if this does not work. Do you think if I wire my lights like this will work?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

No Rad the LEDs are still in Parallel. Asp Master board or TK-22 won't work until you have them like Pete has shown.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:52 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Here you have a combined circuit with some leds in parallel and some in a series connection. I suppose it won't hurt to try. If you knew the exact specs of all leds it would be easy to calculate but since you don't there's no guarantee whatever you try. So I really don't know. But again, Kevin is a way better electronics expert than me (obviously)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I wouldn't say that. I'd say I was better at using google than being an electronics expert.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:33 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I think Im stupid, lol.

I rewired the leds like the Peregrine´s diagram. If I wire one led like that, the headlights will bright like the first attached picture. If I wire 2 leds, will bright WAY less, like the second picture. If I wire 3 or more, no one will work.

What am I doing wrong? Sorry if the wiring photo is a bit confusing, that is just a provisional wiring.

IMG_20160919_201133621.jpg

IMG_20160919_201300011.jpg

IMG_20160919_201522396.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wiring in series divides the voltage, so the more leds you have in series, the less each one gets so the dimmer it gets, and apparently 5v divided by 4 is not enough for each led's minImum voltage requirement.
Try the same circuit but connect the + side to batt + pin, like 8pin + for elevation motor. If they light up, they'll still be dim though.
My recommendation is either get all new leds with same specs (but different colors) and then you can calculate and add proper resistor. Or connect headlight leds to 1 output on asp, and tails to another. There's plenty light outputs to choose from: headlight, taillight, aux light, even mg2 can be used if you're not using it for mg. Asp is really versatile as long as you think outside the box ;)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Using the same leds might be a problem. The rear ones are SMD because I needed them to be a small as possible. If I put SMDs in front I might have not enough light for night missions.

Yep, another idea would be to connect it to another port. Im already using the mgs ports and the aux one. Unless Kevin comes here with clues of how to make a better wiring, I will probarbly put the rear lights in one of the other connections in the 8 pin port.

I would like to connect it to the rear lights port, but as far as I know is only for going backwards so I cant use it unless it can be switched on and off on my will in some future firmware update.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Question.

tail_light_correction2.jpg
cn9_tail_ori.JPG
cn9_tail_correct.JPG
Sometime ago I saw this image in the clark web and I keep it. Do you think it would work?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:58 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board