[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Ir questions
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » HammerHead Battle Unit

Post subject: Ir questions
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:48 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin
Ok excuse my vagueness
I'm following ur ASP 360 turret mod videos but cant find any documentation on wiring
On ASP 2 the full Ir kit
U say only use 2 wires from the Ir 5 pin plug as u suggest to pick up th 5 v + and 5 volt - from the recoil servo via the slip ring but that leaves 1 spare wire from the 5 pin IR plug, what is that for and what do I do with it
U supply a conector with a jumper and a blue ring
Do I need to use the conector because of the jumper
What's the jumper for
What does the blue ring do and where do I connect it

That will do before I confuse myself
Thanks
Vince
Owner of 3 ASP's in a tiger 1 panzer IV and in a 1/16 truck

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Ir questions
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:14 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Vince

In the first video post the info for wiring is the first thing

A 12 way slip ring is used with the following designations:
1. V0
2. V+ (5 volts)
3. Recoil servo signal
4. Elevation servo signal
5. Elevation Motor A (JST-XH)
6. Elevation Motor B (JST-XH)
7. IR- (JST-PH)
8. IR+ (JST-PH)
9. Flash/LED signal (JST-XH)
10. MG2 (JST-PH)
11. Indicator LED - (JST-PH)
12. IR signal (JST-PH)

If you are doing a 360 mod you will need to re-do all of your turret wiring and the aRUBA is not going to be of much use.

Typically you will need a bit of stripboard inside the turret OR a special PCB (I don't have anymore)

Basically, instead of sending up individual V+ and V0 into the turret for the Receiver, servos, LEDs & flash you only send up 1 set of V+ and V0 wires.

That is the best way to approach - send up one set of V0 and V+ into the turret via the slip ring. Solder V0 and V+ to a bit of strip board to provide + and - power "rails" inside the turret. Connect up all the power wires for your servos, flash and IR receiver to these power rails in the turret. Connect all of the V+ LED wires to the V+ rail ONLY. If using a elevation motor connect that up direct through the slip ring. Everything that is left are signal wires - connect them all up individually via the slip ring.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok thanks for ur previous answers
A few more questions
On the ASP update there are say 4 files in the main folder
Do u upload all 4 in number order say lowest to highest
Or is each 1 for a diffrent chip ver

Are these files for ASP 1 and 2

When will u have more hammerhead units in stock I need 2

Thanks again for all your help
Vince

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Vince

Answer 1 - Yes upload all 4 in the Order as numbered.

Answer 2 - This is Asp2 only

Answer 3 - There is no stock of the IR receivers used in Hammerhead. Supplier says mid December

Cheers
Kevn G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:33 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok no problem I can wait for extra hammerhead units
I have 1 hammerhead
I'll just swap it around between ASP's during testing

So this leads to my next question
How do u setup the ASP 1 for IR
do u do it using the Sony remote
Or is ASP 1 able to be programmed for IR with radio with a new software release or will it only ever be via Sony remote

It's not a problem just curious

Thanks
Vince

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

All Mako for Asp 1 & 2 have the Sony Remote program function

If you have any 2016 Asp1 firmware (March 2016 and later) installed then:

There is also the Radio Edit option for editing IR options.

If you have the latest Asp1 firmware (September 2016 onwards) then:

You ALSO have the option to use an OpenLog and the irsetup.txt file

So if you have the latest firmware for Asp1 you can edit the ir functions using:
1. Sony Remote
2. Radio Edit Mode
or
3. irsetup.txt and an Openlog unit

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok
I have updated everything but the manta file

I'm a bit unsure of the pins and order of pins to use to update the manta
Could u please clarify

Thanks
Vince

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Vince

I do not know what Manta board you have. If older and big - holes marked STR if new small or big it has the Asp2 style 3 pin JST ZH connector. There is only one the board.

When there is a Manta update - the only thing in the update will be new messages for the very latest of functions (mostly openlog messages)- Old versions will still work.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ops lol I get it now

I thought there was a chip that needed to be upgraded on the Juno board that linked with the manta board

I get it now
it's the manta board that gets flashed/upgraded

DOH

thanks

Vince

Board index » Electronics » HammerHead Battle Unit