[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Got Smoke?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: Got Smoke?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yep that is a great design and I would suggest keeping to such a principle. Good work. Do you have the issue of excess smoke coming out of the vent hole on the top of the cylinder??? If so I'm sure that you could plug up that small hole or turn it into a filler hole for the oil.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:03 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

More i restricted the flow the more it would find its way through that little hole. But since i landed on the design i have now, smoke only comes out at the end. I was pleasantly surprised. Hope to post a vid on this soon

Thanks again everyone!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:09 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi
Can anyone help this novice. I have two ASP s and with a help from Kevin have them running great in my tanks. I want to get them connected to the Burn effects smoker. I have read the posts and I guess for someone who knows what they are doing the answer is there. However would anyone be kind enough to give me a simple step by step , with pictures, idiot guide. I,m sorry but anything resembling a circuit diagram or positive/negative signs etc mean nothing. A lot to ask I know but would really help me.
I have bought the "Idiots guide to Electronics" but still have a way to go.
Regards
Bob

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Peter

Your post answered your question...

...it is ok to connect burn effect controller incoming power directly to the ASP2 smoke port, right?

"The burn effects battery voltage wires are NOT colour coded they are both black. This is the reason I do not suggest using the Smoke connector on Asp which is the easy way. "

I suggest that you DO NOT connect the Burn Effect direct to the smoke port.

And I thought I read about it in the past, but now can't find it anywhere..

It is on Page 2 of this very topic, your attached quote is on Page 3 - go back one more page

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

hmm... I checked all the pages. I see nothing for ASP2. All the posts there were written before ASP2 was released. I thought you made a direct connection for that on ASP2, didn't you?

As for the power connection, not really, my post didn't answer my question. I understand your recommendation, but the question was more focused on if connecting the power to the smoke port using correct polarity will not damage the smoke port due to current draw of the BE controller. That's what I was getting at. Obviously, reversing polarity is a risk, and for that reason I understand why you don't recommend it, but is there any other factor why it could not be connected there?

If I connect it directly to battery, turning smoke unit on/off via radio channel will control the sirvoe, but not power to BE. So if power is routed from the smoke port, turning smoke off will cut all power to that controller.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
Being very busy at work these past months, I only just now got back to work on my tanks. And so, I wired everything as explained in this thread and having problems getting burn effect to work. I sent you details and pictures via 2 emails few days ago. Hoping you got them and can help me out.
Thank you.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board