[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - My StuG Project
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: My StuG Project
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

..... and a little SW animated assembly AVI of the swing-arm attachment proccedure

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Tweaked the above animation so it runs slower and in full once uploaded.....

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Spud
Wow good AVI mate, the shocks work well.

Have to use more brute force on the rollers, drill a hole in a bit of wood to fit the bracket in so it won't damage the hull
And use the "Force" :)

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:41 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Spudkopf
any updates mate... :D

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hit a minor snag, some time back I broke part of one of the hinges from the front portion of the loaders hatch, after numerous unsuccessful attempts to make a robust and long term repair, it is now starting to look like the only thing to do is replace it.

Does anybody know where I can get either a replacement HL loaders hatch hinge (or even better still an entire loaders hatch with hinges) or if there is an aftermarket alternative? I seem to recall that there was a kit that allowed you to convert the hatch to the side opening version found on the last production examples, but have not been able to track this one down.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

G'day All

Been working on my StuG project (oft referred to as the money pit) pretty much daily, making some progress although very slow.

After the many failed attempts to fix the broken hinge on the forward, I may have finally come up with a permanent solution. I trimmed down a plastic RC aeroplane hing, which was then glued into a slot cut out of the casement roof, this was then reinforced with some plastic card from the inside, admittedly it looks a tad ugly from the inside but its nothing that will be seen anyway.

Why the money pit, well considering that I picked up the StuG quite cheaply to begin with, I've now forked out many times that original purchase price and there's still more to come.

I did end up getting a Taigen hull and keeping in line with mid/late production theme I have also ordered a 7,5 cm KwK 40L48 from Tank-Modellbau.

I have also been reading through the many excellent StuG related project threads both here and over at Hobby Havoc for inspiration, it it amazing what lengths some will go to to build their StuGs, but then almost universally overlook the one same detail.

The detail in question is the spare link rack on the rear of the casement, or more specifically the retention method.

I have looked over many, many references, to confirm what the actual fittings look like, and was quite surprised to see that a fictional method I had originally planned to use was almost identical to that actually used. The following image is the clearest I've found of the fixings.

Find the original here:

I basically have to rely on evergreen plastic products to fabricate my fixings, but in parallel have also mocked up CAD models, one using the same evergreen components and one based on that of the actual fabricated components (pictures to follow shortly). Now if I had access to a 3D printer, I'd already be finished.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:28 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Print worthy (3D) model of the bracket portion of the fixing:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:21 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good to see you back on the stug Spudkopf :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds