[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Setting Up the RC5HL with the 9X and Tgy 8 channel receiver
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL

Post subject: Re: Setting Up the RC5HL with the 9X and Tgy 8 channel recei
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:52 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi again. First of all, thanks a lot for your complete and fast response.

I bought a relay for sincronizing the sound and the shoot. Would it work? Which wire do I have to solder?

Thank you very much :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

The instructions are already on the forum here:

For your particular relay the coil contacts are pins 1 & 16
You have 2 sets of normally open contact pins (8 & 9). As seen on the relay diagram the switch is not connected to these pins. So you can solder your 2 pin plug to either pins 4 and 8 on one side of the relay OR 13 and 9 on the other.

You could also solder the 2 pin plug to (6 & 8) or (11 & 9) but I'd choose (4 & 8) since those pins are furthest apart.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well I've been trying that for weeks and im afraid that I may be doing something wrong, because the tank still recoils and sounds about 2-3 times for every real shoot.

I soldered a red wire to the yellow cable, and a black one to the brown cable.
The red cable to the 1 on the relay
The black cable to the 16. (Also tried inverting them, I mean red to the 16 and black to the 1)
And then one of the plug wires, one to the 4 and the other one to the 8.

So is that correct? Am I doing something wrong?

Is there any way of just to disable the recoil and sound or to assign it to another button in the turnigy?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

I think you have setup correctly but are confused as the what the RC5HL can and can't do.

First up the RC5HL does not remove the track recoil (it never has done) The recoil function cannot be removed via signals sent to the RX18. If you want to remove the recoil you will need a separate unit for this either an ATRC or Dragon/Komodo. The RX18 will always do the recoil function so you need to cut it off before it happens at the motors. That is you need to cut he motor wires themselves and send them through and ATRC device.

RE: The sound I think what is happening is that you are holding the fire signal down too long. The fire signal that you send from the 9X should be a momentary one to mimic the momentary action of the microswitch. So it is a quick flick of the fire switch once this has happened the relay will send a short signal to the RX18 which makes the sound. The RC5HL then sends a TIMED signal to the RX18 to handle the length of time for the gun to shoot. You do not need to hold the fire button down til the cannon shoots. If you do the RX18 will sense this and continue to make the firing sound. The gun will fire after the sound no matter what. The mod you have done will sync up the sound/flash and recoil removal (if you have a recoil removal circuit) but timing of the projectile firing depends on the time it takes for the gun motor to work. Unfortunately this is the trade off for 2.4 control. This situation is not the case for IR tanks with IR everything is synced up at the right time.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I thought there was a way of choosing between just shooting, and shooting with recoil and sound. With my Rx18 and using cristals if I put the right stick forward the barrel shots and thats all, but if I want to have the recoil and sound I have to press one of the three buttons in the controller.

About pressing fast or slow the lever I tried it both ways. If I press once and fast the tank does the sound, the recoil and stars winding the airsoft gun but not enough to shoot. If I press it for a longer time it does the sound, the recoil once and keeps shooting bbs until I stop pressing the lever.

Sorry If I dont make myself clear, english is a foreign language for me.

One thing that will help me a lot is if you upload a video showing how it works. Maybe its working as it should be and the problem is I dont get it. I will really apreciate it.

Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Im using a 7.4 v 5.800 mah fresh lipo, so the battery works. I shared the relay setup to some friends and we even tested it with a voltmeter and it seems to be correctly done.

I think the programming cable would be an excelent idea, because I'm planning to use switch 1 for turning on/of the lights and switch 2 for the smoke generator following your tutorials. So how much it would be?

Overall Im happy with your board, being able to full control the tank with the turnigy is amazing, I only have to fix this problem to have a wonderful taking experience.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok I'll contact Andrew - just in case he isn't monitoring this topic himself and ask about increasing the gun motor time

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL