[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Can I use different 2.4GHz radio with RC5HL?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL

Post subject: Can I use different 2.4GHz radio with RC5HL?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:43 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi,

Can I use different 2.4GHz radio with RC5HL board? Out of the box working, doesn't need flashing with custom firmware. Is this possible? Turnigy 9X is out of stock everywhere in my country (Malaysia) & just realized I need USB programmer which also sold out at rctankaustralia. I'm trying to avoid buying the radio from rctankaustralia because it will be slightly expensive. :oops:

Also, I figured stupid question because I'm new to RC hobby but I just ask it anyway; I can use one radio with two tanks right?

Post subject: Re: Can I use different 2.4GHz radio with RC5HL?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kizwan

The RC5HL will work with ANY hobby radio provided that it:

1. Has a switch (usually the gear) that delivers +100% on CH5 - needed to turn on/off tank

and

2. You can assign
CH1 to Steering (RUD)
CH2 to Throttle (THR)
CH3 to Gun elevation (ELE)
CH4 to Turret rotation (AIL)
and that the receiver outputs the info from these channels in that order.

Yes the RC5HL works with the Turnigy 9X factory firmware (no need for update) and there are a few posts here on the forum on how to setup the factory firmware.

The Turnigy 9XR comes with ER9X already on the radio, so too the 9XRPro while the Taranis comes with OpenTX and this also is great for tanks.

The Spektrum radios also work with the RC5HL

One radio system I know that won't work is the Planet Radios

Finally the weight of the 9X in the RCTA shop is CUBIC WEIGHT. This is because that is the weight Australia Post uses for the 9X packaging when sending within Australia. For International postage cubic weight is NOT used and actual weight is used instead. Confusing yes I know. Basically the actual postage rate for the 9X to outside Australia (like Malaysia) will be much less than that calculated in the shop. Also Australia Post provides a special 'Pack and Track' service to Malaysia. SO the cost of a 9X or 9XR is probably a lot cheaper than what the shop says.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Can I use different 2.4GHz radio with RC5HL?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:20 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

How about Walkera Devo 7?

Radio: http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=450
Receiver: http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=1769

Manual: http://www.walkera.com/en/productinform ... VO7_EM.pdf

Board index » Electronics » RC5HL