[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - 3:1 v 4:1 realism
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: 3:1 v 4:1 realism
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:05 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Here is my 30 minute bash - proof of concept for a slip-ring cradle.

[/URL]

Surprisingly it more or less worked, in fact it is the location of the small sub-board connectors next to the turret drive and the limited length of the turret drive cable that prevent this sub-boards easy relocation that poses the biggest tangle / interference hazard issues.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:50 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Taternoggin

You are quite right about the slip ring. An idea of mine is to have the main PCB control board have a hole for fitting a slip ring. With the main pcb then attached to the lower hull. This would make wiring simpler with the slip ring essentially being a part of the main board.

Your cradle is something that could also be used for mounting a gyro as the more central the gyro the better

Cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

NO don't wait for anything - while you are saving up for something else - you can try out a T2014. Don't know if there are any design problems,... But if the protos are functional you can have one to play with.

Cheers
Kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:23 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Spud we need to talk- I need your 3D skills

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:16 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Spud great work, so maybe a bit late to say but when I got my Leo the traverse turn was terrible and unsmooth. I found the gear on the gearbox was misshaped (another forum member also found same). I also find on the newer HL tanks the paint jobs are better but the matt paint adds resistance between the two surfaces during turning and as the Leo has a big ring therefore more surface and resistance I add silicone grease to this area to over come it.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

G'day Ian

It's very early days so late at all, on my copy the ring as is the entire rear portion af the turret underside is unpainted and there is a very light lubrication of some sort present.

I be removing the turret (again) to do some modding over the weekend and will also take a look at the rotation gear to see what state it is in.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

A few wins, but maybe a major loss......

The following is a progress shots of the refined mark II version of the slip ring cradle and attempts at making the turret attachment more robust.

However now to the loss column, I extended the turret rotation motor and head light wiring so that I can move the small sub connector board from the underside of the hull top to the chassis and all seemed to be fine, yet when I went to turn the tank on the head lights did not flash, just in case it was a simple OC of the light circuit I tried hitting the start key anyway but still nothing.

I checked the continuity of both the extended circuits and the buzz out OK, so the problem is not there, swapped out the battery but still no good, so I am currently at a loss to work out whats wrong :(

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds